For many years I toyed with the idea of creating an online presence that I could use to educate and inspire horse enthusiasts… not just any horse enthusiast, but those individuals who have a deep connection with their equine partners.
These individuals are very special. They have a passion for horses like no other. They don’t put their goals before their principles and no matter what it takes, they don’t do anything to lose rapport with their equine companions.
These special individuals keep in mind, and respect the fact that, they share this world with other creatures.
Over the months, I have worked hard to improve my teaching skills and find my writing voice. It’s been a fun journey and I’m excited about the future of Soulful Equine.
Over time, I know we will build an even larger community of those special people who support us in our endeavors. I would like Soulful Equine to attract those diamonds in the rough.
My goal is to use Soulful Equine to help us grow together so we can help more people and horses through education and knowledge.
Now I would like to share with you 7 articles that fit into 7 different themes. These articles are, in a way, a glimpse of my journey with Soulful Equine.
This 7 articles idea was inspired by someone I admire. His name is Darren Rowse. He presented to his readers an idea called Take the 7 Link Challenge. This was a fun exercise of digging through Soulful Equine’s archives. Enjoy!
7 Articles That Fit Into 7 Themes
- My first post – the first post I wrote on Soulful Equine was in November 2009 called What’s This All About – Part 1 of 2 Five days prior to publishing this post we had just launched the Soulful Equine website.
- A post I enjoyed writing the most – Protecting The Wild Horse – A Symbol Of Our American Heritage This post expresses my passion and love for horses… especially our wild horses who are on the brink of extinction. This is one of those articles I wrote to help encourage more people to get involved.
- A post which had a great discussion – Fly Control For Horses, A Non-Toxic Program Since Soulful Equine is still a pretty new site, we have not had too many discussions but this one was informative. I’m pleased that some of our readers chimed in on a subject that is near and dear to every horse lover’s heart… flies. 🙂
- A post on someone else’s blog that I wish I’d written – My belief is that to become great with horses you have to first look at yourself… which means working on you. To me it’s not so much about the horse as much as it is about self development. The horse is just a metaphor. There are a few blogs I love to read and one is by Ali Hale. Ali wrote a post called What Does Success Mean For You? I had a whole new outlook on the word “success” after reading it.
- My most helpful post – Parasite Resistance In Horses And Chemical Deworming This category was hard to narrow down, but I finally chose this article.
- A post with a title that I’m proud of – 3 Fantastic Ways To Improve Your Balance For Riding Horses This article also includes a video. I think this headline is an attention getter and the subject is something most horse enthusiasts enjoy learning more about.
- A post that I wish more people had read – Our Most Nobel Friend The Horse Since this was one of my first articles on Soulful Equine, many people may have missed it. It is also one close to my heart because of the story I shared.
I hope you enjoyed the list of articles and the theme behind each one that helped it evolve.
Creating this list for you was a fun challenge.
So what do you think? Does this list give you a reason to dig deeper into our archives? I would love to hear if you have any favorites.
Keep it soulful,